According to the S.O.L.A.S. regulation, the Greek and Albanian agreement and the European Union Communal Instruction 98/41, it is now mandatory, for reasons of safety, to state the following information when making your reservation: Surname, Name, Nationality, Date of birth, Place of birth (country), Type of document, Number of document, Expire date, Gender, Age category (Adult, Child, Infant), need for special care, Telephone number, e-mail address, Vehicle Plate number. Passengers requiring special care must notify at the Company’s main reservation offices.
Passengers contact information: We advise passengers, upon purchasing their tickets, to provide their telephone number (preferably their mobile phone number) or e-mail address so that they are informed in case of delay, cancellation or suspension of the itineraries. In case that passengers do not wish to provide any contact information, the Company does not assume any liability since the passengers will not be informed in case of delay, cancellation or suspension of the itineraries.
Reservations and bookings can be made through all Central agencies at the Port, and online in official Sarris Cruises & Lines website at sarrislines.gr
The ticket is issued in the passenger’s name and is strictly personal. It is not transferable and is valid only for the specific route it has been issued for. Any change must be reported to the central ticket office at the Port.
Cancellations / Refunds
- From the date of the ticket issue and up to 30 days before the scheduled departure, the fare of the ticket is fully refundable.
- From 29 days up to 7 days before the scheduled departure: 75% refund.
- From 6 days up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure: 50% refund.
- In less than 24 hours of the scheduled departure, the fare is not refunded.
- Tickets can be refunded or converted only by the issuing agency or by the Company in case of online booking.
- Tickets cannot be cancelled by telephone.
- NON-SHOW tickets are not refundable
In case of a lost ticket, the passenger must immediately notify the issuing Travel Agent or the Port Agent or the Company. The traveling passenger can only pick up the reprinted ticket with valid identification at the port of departure.
Fares and timetables
Fares and timetables listed in this catalog are based on conditions existing at the time of print. If any conditions should change after the time of print, the Company reserves the right to make changes to the timetable, the fares and the routes or to refrain from contractual obligations without prior notice. The Company, however, is not liable for any damages resulting thereof. The aforementioned conditions include any kind of unforeseeable circumstances like an increase in fuel prices or currency fluctuation. In the unlikely event that contractual obligations may not be fulfilled, the customer is entitled to a full refund of payments made. Schedules are subject to change without prior notice.
The fares of tickets purchased in other countries may differ due to fluctuations in the exchange rate.
Group fares can be requested through the Company.
- Children under the age of 4 travel free of charge. A free ticket must be issued for embarkation.
- 50% discount is granted to children 4 – 16 years old.
Unaccompanied Children – Underaged Passengers
In compliance with the Council Regulation (EC) No 2252/2004, underaged passengers must have their own travel documents to embark. (PASSPORT)
- Children under the age of 18 are not accepted on board without being accompanied by the two parents or an adult person.
- Children being accompanied only by one parent, a written authorization must be signed by the other parent.
- If the adult is not one of the two parents a written authorization must be signed by either parents or legal guardian.
- Appropriate forms are available at the central ticket office at the Port.
- If the parents are not in the Country of the departure port the signature of the authorization must be authenticated from the state of the children and to be translated from the embassy of the country of the port of departure.
- If the parents are not at the port but in the Country of the port of departure, the signature of the authorization can be authenticated from a Police Department of the Country of the port of departure.
- If the parents are at the port of departure the signature of the authorization can be authenticated from Passport Control Office.
- The written authorization has to be remitted to the Passport Control Office and the Master or the Purser of the vessel.
- For citizens of an EU, a valid ID-card or a valid passport is required.
- Citizens of a non-European country subject to visa obligation in the Schengen zone need a valid passport and a residence permit or visa of the country belonging to the Schengen zone.
- Citizens of a non-European country subject to visa obligation in the Schengen zone need a valid passport and multi-visa if they wish to travel from Greece to Albania and return.
- Before embarking, passengers must ensure they have all the necessary documents for their disembarkation at the port of destination. The Carrier shall not be held responsible in case a passenger is denied disembarkation by local authorities due to lack of the necessary documents for entry in the country of destination.
Passengers requiring special care must notify at the Company’s main reservation offices
Boarding Procedure / Entry Regulations
- All passengers are kindly required to proceed to the international passenger terminal, at least 1 hours prior to the scheduled departure time.
- Passengers with vehicles also required to proceed to the international passenger terminal, at least 1 hours prior to the scheduled departure time for custom control.
- All passengers are required to:
- a) present their ticket to the security officer of the embarkation terminal,
- b) present a valid passport or ID to the passport control office
- c) pass from customs control.
- According to the Directive 98/41/EC and Article 5 of Presidential Decree 23/1999 (Government Gazette A’17), passengers’ data will be confirmed during the process of embarkation (check-in) on board. All passengers while boarding the ship, along with their ticket should present their Identity Card, or other official proof of certification element of their identity.
- Due to our compliance with the security regulations of the ISPS (International Ship and Port Facility Security) code, the Company reserves the Company’s rights to deny embarkation to any individual who, according to the best of Company’s knowledge, does not appear to possess valid travel documents or fails to prove, beyond a doubt, his/her identity. In the event of a fine being imposed on the Company by the immigration office, the amount will be charged to the passenger who failed to provide the proper legal documents. The Company cannot be held responsible in the event that authorities prevent a passenger from continuing his/her journey. In the event of immigration officials refusing entry, the passenger will be sent back to his/her departure place at his/her own expense. We would recommend that citizens of all states contact the appropriate consulate for details.
- Vehicle operators are responsible for their vehicle’s embarkation according to the ship’s crew instructions.
- Vehicle passengers should exit the vehicle before embarkation.
- Vehicle category and plate number are displayed on the ticket upon passenger’s declaration.
Safety on Board
Due to our compliance with the security regulations of the ISPS (International Ship and Port Facility Security) code all persons and all items brought on board the Vessel are liable to be searched. Persons refusing to comply with this demand shall be denied access on board and will be reported to the appropriate port authorities.
- If a passenger boarded the Vessel wishes to disembark prior to departure, he/she must take all their carrying luggage and/or vehicle. In the case of vehicles of all kind, please bear in mind the possibility of you being unable to remove them from the ship’s garage due to their pre-arranged parking positions.
- It is strictly forbidden for passengers to carry firearms, explosives, flammables, combustibles and other dangerous substances or materials on board.
- For reasons concerning the safety of the Vessel and the passengers as well as the protection of the environment, you are kindly requested not to throw cigarettes which have not been extinguished inside or outside the Vessel or overboard.
Passengers must abide by all safety regulations during embarkation, disembarkation and voyage, meet hygiene rules and conduct themselves in a respectful manner towards fellow passengers and crew. Furthermore, they must abide by every order given by the Master or direction given by members of the crew during the voyage and address the competent members of the crew if a problem arises.
Luggage – Personal Belongings
- Passengers are entitled to carry free luggage up to 25kg and 0,25 m3. During the voyage, luggage remains in the specially designed areas.
- Personal belongings that have been placed on passenger’s vehicles will not be accessible during the voyage since entry to the garage is prohibited after vessel’s departure.
- Neither the carrier nor the ship is liable for any accident, loss or damage occurring prior to boarding or loading and after disembarkation.
The limit of liability for loss or damage of luggage shall be determined by the relevant provisions of Regulation (EU) No 392/2009 of the European Parliament and Council of 23.04.2009.
Delay-Cancellation of Trips
In the event of a prohibition of departure due to bad weather conditions or due to official orders from port authorities, the company claims no responsibility for possible delay or cancelation of the trip. In that case, passengers can modify their tickets or get a refund of the full amount paid for the ticket. The shipping company reserves the to replace the ferry a ticket was issued for, with another ferry.
- Pets travel in cabins available for pet carriage on the ship’s deck.
- Pets are not allowed in indoor public areas or cabins. Pet owners are responsible for their pets’ feeding and hygiene. Pet owners are required to bear their pets’ valid health documents in the original format, recently updated.
- Passengers are responsible for complying with all port, health and customs regulations.
- Passengers must comply with the instructions given by the captain or the crew regarding public order and safety on board.
- Passengers must contact the captain or the staff captain should a complaint arises while on board. They may also contact the company or the Port Authorities after the end of the journey.
- The Company reserves the right to substitute the vessel for which the ticket, when it is required.
- Timetables, fares and travel terms and conditions are subject to changes without prior notice. In case of a substantial increase in fuel prices, the Company reserves the right to change the fares without prior notice.
- Arrival times quoted in timetables indicate the ship’s arrival at the port’s entrance.
- The company is not liable for any delay or cancellation resulting from deviation or from not keeping the scheduled route due to bad weather conditions or on orders of the Port Authorities or due to force majeure.
- In case of cancellation of itineraries or suspension of scheduled itineraries, which are not due to the event beyond the control of the company, the liability of the company is limited to the refund of the fare to the passenger, in case the Company has informed the passenger 7 days before the scheduled departure.
- This contract of carriage is governed by Greek Law. Any claim arising from this contract is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Corfu Greece, irrespective of its legal basis. Carriage is subject to the provisions and financial limits of responsibility which are provided by the Regulation (EU) No 392/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of the 23 of April 2009, to the extent that the above provisions apply to the carriage of passengers, their luggage and vehicles, as they are in force in Greece.
For any explanations about the trip the passengers can call at: (+30) 26610.25317
In case a passenger loses or finds an object, they are kindly requested to contact the ship’s reception or bar during the trip or call at: (+30) 26610.25317 or at our offices at arrival port.
Legal Framework, Competent Courts
According to Article 3 of L. 2251/1994, as amended and in effect, articles 3 to 4 of the above lawshall not be in effect in case of contracts on passenger service, with the exception of Article 3d, par. 2, and articles 4c and 4f.
The convention for maritime transport is governed by the Greek Law. Any difference arising from the convention or because of the convention shall be exclusively subject to the courts of Corfu.